I am an open book (or disorganized person), as this photo essay of the exploration of my bedroom for an episode of the The Mariya Alexander Show surely proves. But a photo essay allows you to draw your own conclusions and I feel like there are a few necessary comments I need to make in order paint a more vivid picture, or maybe just add a little depth to the images included on the show’s tumblr. They may make me seem more pathetic, or you may find them more endearing. However they make you feel, just knowing they made you feel something leads me to believe that I have successfully manipulated your emotions.
In any case here are a few notes:
1. I kept the Barack Obama poster up because it has the date of my 30th Birthday on it. Also, I just didn’t feel like taking it down.
2. I clean up my room if there is even the hint of a chance that the magic will happen.
3. The “Cougarhead Stapler”(as I like to call it) that Rick is holding, was won at a White Elephant gift exchange and it is the best.
4. The Luxembourg or Bust sign was part of a blogging project that I wanted to start, that involved me traveling to Luxembourg using both physical and digital resources. Maybe I’ll explain what that means later, but for now you can read the original post linked to above, with typos and all.
5. The Jeopardy hat was won in a raffle at a charity event for Hurricane Sandy victims. I have a Jeopardy water bottle too that I use often.
6. I voted.
7. Sex for Dummies is a very good book and Dr. Ruth Westheimer, who wrote it, is a national treasure. Also, I got it at a stoop sale in Brooklyn because I thought it would be funny to read. I haven’t read it yet, but I use it as part of stand-up bit.
8. It’s always good to have a tie on the inside of your doorknob.
We explored Evan Kessler’s bedroom. Hear all about it in the 5/5/2014 show, and check out the pics below:
Evan cares about politics
Evan and Rick start the roaming
The dresser…and piles on top of the dresser
Mariya goes in for a closer look
Again, Evan cares about politics. He voted (a long time ago)
Jesse “The Body” Ventura standing guard over a bottle of cologne
"Faceman" of The A-Team
Mariya and Rick check out some big game
This is the place where the magic happens
The infamous comedy flier
Luxembourg or Bust!
In the distance, a lone Jeopardy hat
This corner was hard to get into
These may or may not be moccasins
This number one fan and his Sex For Dummies book
A tie on the doorknob, in case a fancy event springs up at the last minute